- "Don't get your water hot."
- "What are you trying to do, heat the outdoors?"
- "If I hear one more peep out of you . . . ."
(Followed by the inevitable "Peep")
- "Firstname Middlename Lastname, you stop that this minute!"
- "Think of all the starving kids in China who would love to have that."
- "If you don't stop that I'm gonna knock you into the middle of next week."
- "I hope that when you grow up you have kids that are just like you."
(The only curse universally recognized as effective.)
- "Because I said so."
- "A grasss in the snake" and "Don't put all your baskets in one chicken."
(Both from Dad)
- "If I have to come up there . . . ."
- "Be nice to your brother."
- "I'm going to count to three."
- "We'll see."
- "Did you say 'Thank you?'"
- "If Johnny jumped off the bridge would you jump off the bridge too?"
- "What has gotten into you?"
- "I'll give you something to cry about."
- "If it was a snake it would bite you."
- "You'd lose your head if it wasn't screwed on."
- "Same thing, only different."
- "We went to different schools together."
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Momisms and Other Expressions
Heard at Home During My Youth